Subject: Panic qe: chain packet
To: NetBSD/vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/2001 20:22:32
At our usergroup, we've got amongst others a VAXstation II/GPX. At some point
in time, someone has installed a very spartan NetBSD 1.1 on it. We'd like to
upgrade it, or at least run it as a functioning node on our network, and this
is where our trouble begins.
The machine is equipped with a DEQNA which is extremely unreliable and insists
on throwing the system into debug mode. After only minimal network traffic,
such as pinging or a telnet login, it drops into the debugger with the message
"Panic: qe (chained packet)".
Infact, there doesn't even have to be any traffic specifically addressed to
the DEQNA, the plain presence on the network is sometimes enough for the card
to crash spontaneously.
Is this a hardware or a software problem? Could it be solved, or are we
shopping for a new DEQNA or DELNA?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Amiga 4000/040 25MHz/44MB/20GB RetinaBLTZ3/VLab/FastlaneZ3/Ariadne/Toccata