Subject: Re: VAX 4000 60 ... anything strange to get NetBSD up on it?
To: None <RSchilling@affiliatedhealth.org>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/2001 16:17:20
>From: "Schilling, Richard" <RSchilling@affiliatedhealth.org>
>Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:40:52 -0700
>
>Can you confirm which port to use (describe it's markings/physical location
>on
>the box) when you set that switch?  Thanks.

Rear center of the machine, right under the video connector.  It's the
MMJ port with a picture of a printer and two arrows.  On the same
plate is a DB25 connector with the same picture; I'm not sure offhand
if that's a second serial port or if it's wired to the same port
internally.

>Is the switch documented in the manual?  Just curious - I didn't see it on
>my 4000/60 manual but
>it may be my keen eyesight failing me again.

Not sure; I have no docs for this beastie.

>How are you booting the machine?  BOOTP?

The initial install was a netboot using mopd and dhcpd, and an NFS
root.  Now it boots from its internal disk.

>And they ARE cute.   But my wife just wouldn't buy that when I brought mine
>home.

It looks great under the monitor for my WinDOS machine.  It took my
wife about 2 weeks to notice it before she said "Wait, I thought that
machine was running Windows.  How did you put Windows on a VAX?"