Subject: VAX 4000 60 ... anything strange to get NetBSD up on it?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/2001 14:57:25
Well, here I go again, another VAX....(:+}}...  this time a 4000 60
with 2 ram sticks (probably 32mb total) and a 1 gig HP drive and a
video board of some kind.

IFF I pull the video board, is there anything strange (switches to flip,
etc) in getting NetBSD up on it?

I see an internal spot for what looks like a full height drive of some
sort, or possibly a cdrom?  What can/does/should go there?  I did not
see any mount bracket though, but the bus cable has a connector there.
I would suppose most anything could go there?

Is the 1.5.1 VAX bootcd iso ready yet?  IF so, I would like to burn
a copy instead of using 1.5, tonight.

(Yeah, I know, what do I need with another VAX... but, it was so cute
 and orphaned, just sitting in the surplus pile.....(:+\\..... I could
 not just let it sit there......(:+}}...)

Bob