Subject: RE: NuVAX revisited
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 23:51:19
Lord Isildur wrote:
> I have a full 11/750 print set here too, but theyre evidently
> a 4 inch
> thick pile of 11x17 xeroxes, and after looking closely, the quality
> of the copies is not so great, and on some things is enough
> to not follow
> a couple traces. are your prints any better?

I believe mine are mostly OK. I don't think they are originals,
I think they are commercially produced copies (but most printsets
seem to be). Which bits are unreadable on yours?

> on the same note, does anybody have any means of rapidly
> scanning these
> things into a pile of postscript of even pdfs or something?

Yes. The scanner has a sheet feeder and will do 600dpi
straight to PDF on the desktop. Duplex too. I'll happily
scan anything DEC-related but I'm on the other side of the
Atlantic so getting an  printset to me won't be
cheap. OTOH it's nice to see a box of stuff I
can barely lift end up on one (or maybe two) CD(s).

> i have some friend shere with access to lots of xilinx and
> verilog stuff,
> it might not be too impractical to try to make a 750 on a
> chip. I'd go
> with the 750 and not the 780, i think there were a lot of advances in
> those couple years.

The 11/780 patents must be about to expire ... the 750
ones would still have a couple of years to run. The
750 was a cut-down, lower-performance implementation.
There are probably other issues too.

Antonio