Subject: RE: NuVAX revisited
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 23:37:35
Clint Wolff wrote:

> There is very little documentation on the '750 gate arrays. I've read
> the uFiche gate array manual with a great lack of satisfaction...
>
> The arrays are apparently 400 gate NMOS NAND arrays with different
> metalization, so reversing them wouldn't be too tough... Still easier
> to implement from the VARM though.

Systime (remember them?) managed to work out how it all
hung together - I have a friend who did precisely that
for them many years ago for the VAX-11/750. I can only
assume that the microcode was documented *somewhere*.

(I know that there are some microcode listings in the
printset, but I think that was for the UBA and I'm not near
enough to check right now).

Antonio