Subject: Re: NuVAX revisited
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 19:52:14
Hmm.. I have a 730 that could also be sacrificed (blasphemy!) for
analysis. Preferably analysed nondestructively.. :)
I would still go for the 750. The fact that it was done in 2901s makes it
easier i think. There should be less debugging to do and fewer goofups,
since one could build fewer subunits and debug them more separately- we
all know what a 2901 shoudl behave like, or if not can find it in our local
library. The 780 is too big a design, i think, and has too many parts that
DEC realized (like compatibility mode) were not necessary, and the 750 really
benefited from this work.

Isildur