Subject: Re: NuVAX revisited
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 16:38:15
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> [...]
>
> i have some friend shere with access to lots of xilinx and verilog stuff,
> it might not be too impractical to try to make a 750 on a chip. I'd go
> with the 750 and not the 780, i think there were a lot of advances in
> those couple years.

What about the 11/730?  The 11/750 used 2901 bitslice processors which
might pose a challenge (???)  I believe the 11/730 is pure TTL.  It's
slow, and simpler than the 11/780 (I don't think it had provisions for the
PDP-11 compatibility mode).  It's sort of a no-go if no one has any print
sets for it, but I believe it'd be easier to implement in VHDL than an
11/780.

-brian.