Subject: Re: NuVAX revisited
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 22:04:06
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> If we do our own implementation, i dont think anybody could complain- the
> architecture was published in the VARM, and we are merely making a
> compatible implementation. We could always call them Stored Program
> Analyzers if somebody objects to calling them a vax... *grin*
> doing it from the prints would not be so clean legally.. but then,
> were not selling them. would the Q care?
> i doubt it. they already have shown how much they care about the VAX .

Hrm, maybe if we actually start making progress we should check with them
- after all, how much could they bother about the design of a processor
that's 20 years old, the family of which is no longer in production.

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Matt London wrote:
> > Sounds a lot like a plan to me (and hard work - but that's no stranger)
> >
> > Even if we never got it into hardware, to get that far would be quite an
> > achievment :&)
> >
> > Where do we stand regarding copyright and the like?

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html