Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: None <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2001 13:56:27
[snip]

   > > I think *every* other microprocessor design ever done (except maybe the
   > > silly little 6502 that I so dearly loved) was better than anything Intel
   >
   >   Good lord, the 6502?  I actually like to have some REGISTERS in my
   > processors, thank you. ;)

   Hey, i really like this low-cost RISC chip. This is where i learned assembly
   language on my C16 and later the C64 (remember the Power Music Editor and the
   Deluxe Intro Creator? and some scene stuff on C64). This CPU has a quite nice
   performance, measured to it's age, it is really simple to program (this is
   because it just doesn't know about much :), and you really learn how to handle
   a very reduced set of registers (can we call 2 registers + accumulator a set?)

[snip]

Taking a trip down memory lane...  how about the Moto. 6809??  Plenty of
registers, both 8 and 16 bit, and a nice instruction set.  It did have an
odd split clock, but other then that was nice to work with.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]