Subject: Re: Slightly Off-Topic...
To: Vance Dereksen" , "T. Martin <catfish@alltel.net>
From: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@beosppc.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/25/2001 22:26:03
Hi Guys,
 Well, I have had some experience with the HP Itanium stuff. Its actually
pretty cool to boot windowsXP (for whatever that is worth), HPUX and then
Linux. Same machine.
http://www.hp.com/products1/itanium/servers_workstations/index.html

 Remember, PARISC CPU's cost about 10k each. Itaniums run as quick or faster
and cost a lot less. This is a good thing. Its the right direction. A PIII
cpu is a pretty quick thing, and sure does not cost a lot. Its a great time,
IMHO.

Chris