Subject: Re: Vaxen List Update...
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/2001 07:52:39
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:
> linc wrote:

> Few comments/questions:
>
> > 11/730             2
> > 11/750             6
>
> why is it noone seems to have an 11/780? Are those extinct from
> the planet?

I know of one in Santa Ana, CA which resides at a favorite used
computer warehouse.  They keep it running for the purpose of testing out
DEC boards.  At least it was operational in 1999 when I last visited them.

> [...]
>
> Here you've got too many keys, your counting may not be accurate.
> I have a 6000-460 in my basement (is included in your count probably
> as 6420. We know Geoff of Oz has a 6420 (I think). Brian Chase has
> a 6420 too. Now I have another 6420 in my garage. That makes for 4
> 64xx.
>
> > 6000/500           1
>
> And Brian has a 6660 now too, awesome!

Sadly, I do not have Satan's VAX just yet.  I've only got four VAX
6000-600 CPUs, so it'd only be a 6640 anyway.  It'd cost me quite a few
hundred more to to buy two more CPUs.  I'm also lacking some basic stuff
like the rest of the VAX :-)  Them CPUs sure are purty though.

-brian.