Subject: LP25 line printer
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/2001 00:46:41
Hi guys,
  I've got an LP25 here that I aquired recently - now it *did* work when I
got it, but it wasn't feeding paper. Shortly after that, it stopped doing
anything sensible, and just displays P on the LED display, meaning a power
fault.

  So I whip open the machine, and prod with a meter. All fuses seem fine,
but none of the lines on the "motherboard" (I think read backplane) that
have been regulated by the power board are there (~0V) but the raw 38V
from the PSU is there, and I think the +9V is there too.

  So, I think the power board is definatly not happy, but the maintainance
guide doesn't give me enough info - I need something that gives me
schematics for the board - or a spare board if anyone out there has such a
beast (a centronics IO board would be nice too - but I might be able to
build something like that myself, or at least write some flavour of driver
for DECs signals)

  All ideas welcome - I'd love to get this thing working - 300 lines/min -
that's 5 lines/sec - and this is the lower spec of the two models. The
LP26 does 600 lines/min (but I don't have one... so never mind) :&)

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html