Subject: couple of OT things, hardware related
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2001 23:27:35
first, i may as well say this here so that everyone can share the wisdom.

remember back when NetBSD Bob was asking about TK50 tapes that were "sticking"?
well it just happened to me as i was using my TZ30.  the TZ30 is the perfect
drive to have this happen in.  the flywheel is exposed out the bottom, so it's
very easy to get at to spin by hand.  very nice.  although it doesn't want to
load this tape anymore, but that's ok, i made a tape using this thing (with a
known good tape, the current tape is known problematic) and it worked great.
so far i'm much happier with this thing than i am any TK50 i've ever used.

onto the questions.

i need the pinouts for the following cards so i can make cables since i lack
any cables at all.  also, are any of these supported by NetBSD?

DUV11-DA
DLV11-J
DRV11

also, i have a KDF11 (11/23 CPU card) that i'd like to stick in something and
use.  what type of memory goes with the KDF11?  i have a single MSV11-DD card
and some third party card that looks like memory, but i can't quite tell.

that's all i have to ask, thanks!!

-brian