Subject: Re: quick question
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2001 13:52:19
On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:25:34PM -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> What bus are these?  I saw a cpu on ebay and it did not look like
> Qbus.  It it Mbus or something strange?

yeah, starting with the 300 (i think, at least my 300s anyway) the CPU/mem is
no longer QBus.  from right before the spot i quoted already:

  All base system components are housed in a BA440 enclosure, which contains
  a 12-slot backplane, 7 Q-Bus slots; 1 slot reserved for CPU, and 4 slots
  for memory.

if you'd like, none of the 4000 boxen are running right now, i could pull them
apart and take pics. (i might do that anyway)

-brian