Subject: Re: quick question
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2001 10:55:54
At 01:25 PM 6/21/01 -0400, Bob wrote:
>What bus are these? [KA69n]  I saw a cpu on ebay and it did not look like
>Qbus.  It it Mbus or something strange?

Its the 'mbus' that is inside the CPU box. On the VAX 4000/300 thru
4000/705a the CPU has a separate backplane to memory (replaces the top
connectors on earlier models) that was faster and wider. Thus on these
machine the CPU sits in its slot and memory sits to the _right_ of that,
then all of the slots to the left of the CPU are Q-bus. While I've got my
collection temporarily at home I need to get some pictures of this up for
my web page.

--Chuck