Subject: Re: Man, that's just cruel...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2001 09:11:32
I went back to the boneyard yesterday about bought some stuff.  I got a
Sun keyboard for $5 to replace a flakey one.  Oops, wrong list.  I got a
3100/M38 and a 3100/M76.  They let me pick and choose and promised that if
I couldn't power them up I could swap later.  We went throught several
boxes before we found ones that had memory and drives.  I gave him $15 for
each.

Some additional recon data:

If you're bidding on the pallets, be aware that some/many of the boxes may
not have memory or drives.

The second pallet they're building has mostly "Storage Expansion" units.
Are they good for anything?

There's a bunch of DECstation 5000/2[04]0s.  I opened one and it looks
like it has a MIPS CPU.  It looks like these are supported by the pmax
port I know it's the wrong list, but any quick pointers?  Is one of these
worth pursuing?

There's a VAXstation 4000/60 with no memory or drives.  What kind of
memory does it take?

I'm sure there's more to come.

Regards,

- Greg