Subject: Re: VT340 Stupidity
To: Vance Dereksen <vance@ikickass.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/2001 14:41:39
The trick is you have to watch it work before you understand that this
suggestion is rather humorous. Think of the VT340 as a color plotter and
you're closer to the mark. It "draws" lines at about 10" per SECOND so to
draw the both around an Xterm and the widgets would consume about 25
seconds :-) Scrolling would be funny too.

Now one thing to realize is that there is the VT340-A2 and the VT340-G2,
the latter can do 256 colors on the screen (out of a pallet of 4096) and
the -A2 version can only do 16 colors on the screen (out of the same pallet).

Sixel graphics are kind of cool and somewhere I've got a GIF->Sixel viewer.

--Chuck