Subject: Re: Need VAX assembly info (was: what to do with an idle VAX...)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 12:19:32
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:00:00PM -0400, John wrote:

> I've looked over all of the projects on mersienne.org, and most offer
> Windows only clients, Linux binaries (therefore, x86), or some
> combination.

some of the sub-projects on the mersenne page are still handled manually
by reserving ranges of numbers to check through a web form.  it would be
possible to code up a client and run your own ranges.  one of my
projects back in college was a fermat factor searcher, and I still have
the source sitting around somewhere...  it was built with gmp, which as
far as I know runs fine (and has optimized routines for) vaxen.