Subject: Re: MORE: Vaxen List Update...
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 18:55:06
Hi !

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> mmmm, very nice, what exactly are you planning for the 105A? run an actual
> database on that?  or just go at the one on the sparc box?

Currently neither PostgreSQL not MySQL are usable as server on the VAX, so
this will connect to the MySQL server on the sparc. So it is currently, for
testing the applications at the provider. Apache with PHP3 + MySQL-client is
running very fine on NetBSD/vax

> i'm currently running my web server on a sparc20 that is supposed to be my
> dedicated oracle box, but that just never seems to happen. :)  once i get the
> 4000 running full time i'll probably move my webserving over there.

I'm planning to use the VS 4k60 or 4k90 as webserver in the future, have to
tighten my firewall a bit and give this machine an own network segment, so
there is no access to the rest of my home network.

> it's one of those "in progress" things.  yeah, i got a lot of the, like that
> damned oracle box. :)

Oh, you too? *eg* But this one is a project, which is not that much loaded
with work. Basic things can be done in one weekend, but just have to find one
weekend :)

> would they let you colo?  throw a 3100/76 or something over there, just to keep
> it vax. :)

No, they are one of those domain-discounters. One webserver serves thousands
of domains on the same IP. Hm... maybe i can use some other access to a fat
line to the net... Have to check it out.

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX OpenStep MacOS and 230V AC