Subject: Re: MORE: Vaxen List Update...
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 12:03:01
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 04:41:42PM +0200, Michael Kukat wrote:

> My "public webserver" (currently blocked in the firewall because a little
> try of attack the last days) is running on a VAX 4000-105A. This VAX has
> access to a MySQL-server running on a Sparc box, and i planned to create a
> nice database of my machines, and the machines of other guys. It is just
> 128KBps (soon, currently 64KBps)-homed, but it would be a nice thing to
> start such a project there.

mmmm, very nice, what exactly are you planning for the 105A? run an actual
database on that?  or just go at the one on the sparc box?

i'm currently running my web server on a sparc20 that is supposed to be my
dedicated oracle box, but that just never seems to happen. :)  once i get the
4000 running full time i'll probably move my webserving over there.

> Associations of users, VAXen, OSs, usage and configuration is the stuff i
> intend to put into the database, but currently, nothing of the tables really
> exist.

it's one of those "in progress" things.  yeah, i got a lot of the, like that
damned oracle box. :)

> For larger traffic, i would move the whole thing to my provider, which is
> connected by some sort of very big line, but is not hosting on VAXen, but
> on Linsuxx-PeeCees, AFAIK. But at least, the project has been started on
> VAXen then, and maybe the VAXen part could stay on the home equipment.

would they let you colo?  throw a 3100/76 or something over there, just to keep
it vax. :)

> Is there any VAX-SQL-support in PHP4? *eg*

out of my territory, don't know. :)

cheers,

-brian