Subject: Re: what to do with an idle VAX... Make Webservers out of them
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 17:54:12

> What other sorts of uses could we drum up for olden VAXentoyz?

If you can plug a lot of storage on it, it is the perfect workhorse
for downloading on the long run, like week-long harvesting of ISO
images on the newsgroups and other more or less legal stuff >-]
Then with a samba share, you get the results in the "network
neighbourhood" of your peecee...
Plus you can concatenate several drives with ccd(4) to make a huge
storage spool partition...

I use a Sun 3/60 and several big olden SCSI drives for that.
My VAX 4000-200 has only DSSI, so it is till not ready for that !

PM