Subject: Re: MORE: Vaxen List Update...
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 16:41:42
Hi !

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:
> > Are you going to make a web page with them? If so, want to host it on a
> > VAX?

My "public webserver" (currently blocked in the firewall because a little
try of attack the last days) is running on a VAX 4000-105A. This VAX has
access to a MySQL-server running on a Sparc box, and i planned to create a
nice database of my machines, and the machines of other guys. It is just
128KBps (soon, currently 64KBps)-homed, but it would be a nice thing to
start such a project there.

Associations of users, VAXen, OSs, usage and configuration is the stuff i
intend to put into the database, but currently, nothing of the tables really
exist.

For larger traffic, i would move the whole thing to my provider, which is
connected by some sort of very big line, but is not hosting on VAXen, but
on Linsuxx-PeeCees, AFAIK. But at least, the project has been started on
VAXen then, and maybe the VAXen part could stay on the home equipment.

Is there any VAX-SQL-support in PHP4? *eg*

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX OpenStep MacOS and 230V AC