Subject: Re: what to do with an idle VAX...
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 09:20:14
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Matthias Buelow wrote:

> der Mouse writes:
>
> >I can't take seti@home seriously until they're willing to let me
> >compile my own client binary; I refuse to turn my machines over to
> >(practically) unverifiable and unfixable code.
>
> <paranoid>
> Especially when what your machines are actually doing is analyzing
> Echelon data for the CIA? ;P
> Now, that would be a great joke, wouldn't it, the U.S. using computing
> resources all over the world, in particular in those countries from
> where they've collected the data by industry espionage in first place.
> </paranoid>
>
> No, I certainly wouldn't run the stuff, and even if I had source,
> I'd like to know exactly where the data came from.
>
> --mkb

You want to know how funny this is, I was thinking *exactly* the same
thing!  Just wanted to finish the thread before I replied :-)
Sad to say - #1, I think it would be a brilliant move, and #2, I wouldn't
put it past them.

-Linc.

--
  9:17am  up 61 days, 21:15,  4 users,  load average: 1.81, 1.81, 1.77