Subject: Re: what to do with an idle VAX...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 14:08:07
der Mouse writes:

>I can't take seti@home seriously until they're willing to let me
>compile my own client binary; I refuse to turn my machines over to
>(practically) unverifiable and unfixable code.

<paranoid>
Especially when what your machines are actually doing is analyzing
Echelon data for the CIA? ;P
Now, that would be a great joke, wouldn't it, the U.S. using computing
resources all over the world, in particular in those countries from
where they've collected the data by industry espionage in first place.
</paranoid>

No, I certainly wouldn't run the stuff, and even if I had source,
I'd like to know exactly where the data came from.

--mkb