Subject: Re: Netbooting 11/7xx (DEUNA/DELUA)
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/2001 09:04:34
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> i was always a fan of kermit, though telix was a great one back in the
> BBS days.. kermit also does the kind of text ul/dl youre looking for,
> basically just cats a file onto the line. you could in a pinch also just
> cat a file onto the line, too... :)

Kermit is your friend. Kermit is everything you need. Also, all other
programs I've tried (Telix, Minicomm and god knows what else, sucks. Bad
VT100 emulation, hard to get to talk with strange hardware and so on...).
Kermit does exactly what you want it to, and without any funny stuff going
on outside of your control.

Nowadays I simply refuse to use anything but Kermit, especially when I
have problems.

	Johnny