Subject: what to do with an idle VAX...
To: Vance Dereksen <vance@ikickass.org>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2001 23:56:30
> > Too bad we don't have a distributed.net client - I've been running dnet on
> > all of my m68k NetBSD systems, and there's a separate grouping for m68k
> > NetBSD (and 90% of all of the work is me!):
> > http://stats.distributed.net/ogr-25/platformlist.php3?view=toc

> I would rather have a VAX/VMS client for SETI@Home.  The mission is more
> appealing to me than that of distributed.net.

They don't have clients for ANY alternative OS or CPU. They're also quite
vocal about making people understand that it's not worth their time
because alternative CPUs and OSs don't do enough work...

At least OGR has some good mathematical applications. That's why I run it
on all of my machines.

John