Subject: Re: Funny Vaxen (rant)
To: Graham Gillies <graham@bit-rot.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2001 20:53:38
On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:28:57PM -0700, Graham Gillies wrote:

> I used to think so too until I had the misfortune of doing some work
> for a couple telco and other large companies. Now large setups look
> like wasted resources adding more to the cost of already overpriced
> services.

i don't know, i've seen the other side.  15 year old 3B2 boxes that were barely
able to do their job.  and trust me, they litter this country hooked up to
Lucent phone switched doing their jobs.  these bits more than made up for the
wasted resources bits. :)

> It is nice to take this old iron and see how much it really can do
> without the monstrous, PHB approved software packages running.

generally, just about anything you can think to throw at them. :)

-brian