Subject: Re: Funny Vaxen
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2001 19:50:48
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:00:14AM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Well, there has been many different machines clustered there. Right now
> there are a 8550 and two or three 6x00 besides the 8800. There have been

nice.

> up to four (!) HSCs connected, but right now I think it is only two.
> Many peripheral devices also, like ~100 RA82's.

the closest i ever got was two 6000-410 boxes sharing an HSC box being clustered
for performance and failover purposes.  CI between both boxes and the HCS box.
all other vax/alpha boxes in the building cluster-booted VMS over ethernet and
had local swap and temp.

> The clustered machines runs both Ultrix and VMS on the same cluster.

we were an all VMS shop.

sadly the two 6000 boxes and the HSC were scrapped and i didn't have the cash
to rescue them.  such a shame, silly amount of disk space too, all the
engineering drawings were kept there. :)

-brian