Subject: Re: DELQA HELP PLEASE!
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/2001 11:49:45
> Does anyone know why I keep getting the following error message on *all*
> my vaxes with DELQA's?
>
> XMIT error qe0, logic failed resetting
>
> I also have another more severe problem with one of them where if I leave
> the vax on for extended periods of time, the DELQA just stops working.
> Have to power down to get it back up again.  It does seem to stay working
> if I run a continuous periodic ping in the background though....  Me
> thinks I need a new network card?

By some reason the xmit interrupt is lost sometimes, and I don't really
know what to do about it. Some of those cards (DEQNA) are much worse
than others in losing xmit interrupts.
As you saw, ping solves the problem because you are getting a recv
interrupt also, and the transmit rings are checked then also.

There was a small program called deqnad posted on this list some years
ago that keeps the interface quiet by doing almost the same thing.
That was the program that DEC used in Ultrix.

-- Ragge