Subject: Re: DELQA HELP PLEASE!
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/2001 23:10:43
At 09:34 PM 6/16/01 -0400, Linc wrote:
>Does anyone know why I keep getting the following error message on *all*
>my vaxes with DELQA's?
>
>XMIT error qe0, logic failed resetting

Because the logic failed, it was reset though :-)

Seriously what release are you running on these VAXen? Things that cause
problems:
         Running a hub and forcing SQE
         Running a switch that can only run in full-duplex
         (if you run the DELQA in full duplex it seems to get confused if
it receives
          a packet at the same time it is trying to transmit one)

Your MAU or DELNI should clear this up :-) In the mean time if you can
force your switch to half-duplex it will help.

>I also have another more severe problem with one of them where if I leave
>the vax on for extended periods of time, the DELQA just stops working.
>Have to power down to get it back up again.  It does seem to stay working
>if I run a continuous periodic ping in the background though....  Me
>thinks I need a new network card?

Run it with VMS for a while before you try that. Also check out the DELQA
switch settings on my Web page
<http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/computers/vaxen/delqa.htm> and put the DELQA
in 'DEQNA-lock' mode (which will basically force it to half duplex anyway)

--Chuck