Subject: Re: VAX6000 / KDB50, need help with some questions ...
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/2001 06:19:35
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally got a cab kit for a KDB50 along with a second set of
> cards. I still have no SDI drives (makes a lot of sense to have
> one DSSI drive without KFMSA and a KDB50 without SDI drives :-)
> However, I wanted to see whether those cards work (all my
> warranty periods expire without me even having a chance to
> test it all!) I think I have everything installed right, but
> please tell me if I'm wrong. On the back side of the BI bus
> the picture looks like this:
>
>      T   T
>      1   1
>      0   0
>      0   0
>      3   2

I think this might be your problem.  On stuvax (who boots into VMS 5.5-1
via RA92), the T1002 is in the slot closer to the XMI cardcage, and the
T1003 is in the next-higher slot.  Also, I *might* have had some success
with wiggling the cards up and down slightly after they're clamped down in
the cardcage.  It's hard to tell, but it didn't seem to hurt anything, but
ISTR that at least one card POSTed after I did this.

>     +--++--+
>     |..||[=======
>     |..||[ =======  4 cables going to bulkhead
>     |..||[=======
>     |..||[ =======
>     +--++--+
>     +--++--+ <---------
>     |      | <
>     |      | < 17-01092-01
>     |      | <  RIBBON
>     |      | <
>     +--++--+ <----------
>     +--++--+ <---------
>     |      | < 17-01092-01
>     |      | <  RIBBON

This looks right, from the back.  The ribbon cables will be flat across
the back

> Thanks!
> -Gunther

Bob