Subject: Re: VAX6000 / KDB50, need help with some questions ...
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Chris <chris@openecs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/2001 10:28:26
Gunther Schadow wrote:

> Can somebody help me debug? I'd really like to know if those
> cards work, because it can take another while before I have
> any SDI drives.

You should remove the SDI Cable bulkhead from the backplane, since it
bothers debugging and if you don't have drives it isn't really needed.
Make sure the ribbon cable is really well seated in the backplane.
The mechanics in the VAXBI/XMI drawer are really bad, and can provoke a
malfunction. You should tried to remount the two controller cards in the
VAXBI drawer.
If everything goes right the two yellow LED should turn on and the red LEDs
should blink in a cycle.

I hope this helps.

Cheers - Chris