Subject: Re: Need a favor
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2001 16:18:31
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, linc wrote:

> OK Vaxguys,
> Since I am now hardcore into these old beasts, no to mention other older
> hardware I was wondering if any of you out there might happen to have a
> spare multiport MAU and some cable for sale - cheap.  I want to use it to
> run the AUI off my boxen so I don't have to keep trying to find AUI to
> 10BT trancievers.  Plus I just think it would be cool to have a real AUI
> "hub" of sorts.

Heh.  stuvax came with an AUI cable that must be nearly a kilometer long.
A MAU would be neat, but I've got a raylan fiber hub that'll take copper
ports, assuming I can find a few.  If anyone has some (one?) I'd be
willing to trade out 10bFL ports.  Also, if anyone has info on the SNMP
card for it...

> -Linc.

Bob