Subject: Re: Need a favor
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2001 10:11:46
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> actually, i just gave linc a pile of tranceivers, so he isn't in need of them,
> he just saw my two MAUs and was like, "i've gotta get one of them, that rules."
> which is of course exactly why i have them. :)

ah, ok..
heh yeah i got a couple of delnis with a rack full of 3000/400 alphas hooked
into them.. i likewise think theyre ueber-cool :) hehehe

> > (i personally detest twisted pair ethernet, and run coax and FDDI in my
> > house)
>
> and you live in pittsburg?  will you marry me? *evil grin* [1]

rotfl!

> -brian
>
> ps: (and you're talking thinknet right, none of that thinnet garbage?)

actually, a bit of both. i have one segemtn of thick, salvaged from
when they were pulling a bunch of the stuff out of wean hall (i work at CMU)
but most of it is thin. nothing wrong with that.. even a shitty piece of thin
can carry a microwave signal relatively error-free. good quality thick is
absolutely awesome though.. it is almost an insult to just run a lousy
5MHz ethernet signal over it when it can handle a 30 GHz signal.. hehehe
so far the FDDI only connects some turbochannel pmaxen and a 3000/600 alpha,
i only have 4 DEFZAs.. but it is also way cool..

i just wish electricity was cheaper (or i happened to have 20 pounds of
Pu and a machine shop.. :), it is too expensive to run all the iron!
(the rack of 3k400s is sucking the university's electricity, not mine :)

happy hacking,
isildur