Subject: vlc 4000 netbooting trbls
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <fdebros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2001 07:18:09
>> Since your root partition is NFS mounted, just get into it on the
machine that's serving it and chamnge the rc.local to configured=YES..
Then boot it up!

Ok....but the same nfs-boot works on my mv3100's and vt1300's....

If you can't type 'return' and get the prompt
then you may have a bad cable or your terminal may not be transmitting. Try
setting the terminal to 9600 baud, data leads only, in the set up screen.

the vt 320 is on the -> <- port with an original mmj cable, it interacts
normally, the kbd is in the vt320....doesnt work when in the vlc...

>hmmm...mmcmanus is buying up all those vlc 4000 on ebay?

I like VLCs. :-) And will buy any VLC for $15 in unknown condition and $30
if it has RAM and a hard drive.
If you have any you'd like to sell, let me know...

Jeepers, one man's junk is another's jewels....
I am learning howto load netbsd. its about as intuitive as linux used to be
with yggdrasil....then i'll shove them onto ebay loaded running netbsd to
bootstrap some kids into netbsd and get the general interest up, so that
maybe some whizz will ultimately make the framebuffer work, on vlc's as
well as on the mv3100.

fred