Subject: Re: TK50 compatible tape transports? EUREKA!
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2001 20:44:24
i highly doubt this would work. The TK50 interface is pretty simple, and
the controller is most deifnitely a controllER and not a controllable device.
it isnt just passing packets, it is sending commands to advance the tape,
write bits, etc, i suppose an analogy would be the SCSI ESDI and MFM
controllers you used to see (there were found in lots of sun boxen) where the
disk is ESDI and theres an ESDI controller with a scsi adapter
controlling it, and tlkaing to the scsi bus to the outside. it only goes
one way..

isildur