Subject: Re: TK50 compatible tape transports?
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2001 14:00:49
> I hung a tk50 in an external box (resembling a vs2000) on a Sparcstation
> 2 running NetBSD 1.5 and it came up as /dev/mt0 ... worked just
> fine!  Would this have been one of those 'z' models or just a normal tk50?

That is a normal TK50 (or at least all the ones I have are).  But, inside
that box is a scsi-to-tk50 controller, that converts the relatively
normal scsi1 to native tk50speak.  I have used the transports
interchangeably between the TKQ50 and the scsi outboard boxes.
They all seem fine, to me.  The transport even has the black
plastic slide-in tray that the BA23/BA123 boxes use.  All mine
are -GA marked.

Bob