Subject: Re: terminal server suggestions?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2001 18:58:21
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> one solution i have found nice and simple was an extra DHV11.. 8 more
> serial lines, run tip or kermit and you have consoles on 8 machines...

How's about a DECserver 200 :&)

Sure, they only do up to 19200 bps, but you don't need any more for a vax
console :&)

Plus, it has that added benefit of having the D | I | G | I | T | A | L
logo on the front :&)

I have one that I keep meaning to setup with my vaxen, but ATM, I've got a
vt420, which has two inputs, and as it's hooked up to my two VAXen, it's
quite happy :&)

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > > Well, I've finally come to the conclusion that swapping one vt-220 among
> > > three different computers and one hub is more trouble than it's worth.  A
> >
> > i know the feeling. :)

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html