Subject: Re: terminal server suggestions?
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2001 16:32:30
> Pierre-Michel Ricordel writes:
>
> > I am the proud owner of an original Encore Annex,
>
> I've still got an Annex III.  Nice.
>
> > PS: the CPU is a NS32016 without MMU : no NetBSD port possible :-(
>
> I didn't realize they had a 32000 chip in them.  I have interest in those.

From
http://www.support.baynetworks.com/library/rannex/relnotes/R6.0-Release_Note
s.html I can read:

"[The Annex III] has two or three [Intel] 80376 processors (two CPUs for
8-32 ports and three for more than 32 ports) compared with one 32016 in the
Annex IIe [and previous models]."

So from the Annex III, the annex architecture is kinda SMP(?) i386...
Mmmmh, SMP... ;-) but the architecture may be weird.
Don't know if the MMU is present in these embedded 386...

Sorry to talk about that on a VAX list, but I think the subject
is exoticish enough to interest some hardware collector fans.

> > PPS: anyone knows a mailing-list where I could share my thoughts
> > about vintage terminal servers ?
>
> Seems like a pretty niche-y subject; I'm sure the Classic Computer mailing
> list would be happy to talk about them.  Look at
> http://www.classiccmp.org/firsthelp.html to subscribe.
>
> Ken Seefried, CISSP

Thanks

PM