Subject: Re: Ducking VMS to get more BSD play.....(:+}}...
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2001 10:36:47
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:15:49AM -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> I use an old Ultrix when rolling TK50 tapes.  It always just seems
> to roll them a little more cleanly (timing bits etc methinks).
> Ultrix is just a slightly confused BSD, but it is essentially BSD.
> That is its saving grace.  It has your LAT support, etc.  The manuals
> are pretty good generic BSD references, but take up a good 6 feet of
> shelf space.  If you don't install everything including the kitchen
> sink on it, it is prettly lean and mean.

hmm, maybe it's time to reconsider, it has been 10 years since i've used it
after all.  maybe i wasn't thinking clearly then.  :)  nah, i really do want
to learn VMS, so that is my LAT of VCB-02 support right there.  maybe in the
future when i've got a little less to do i'll mess with Ultrix again.

-brian