Subject: Re: terminal server suggestions?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2001 08:41:23
with a terminal server you can do the same thing.. at Pitt, in their
main machine room, they had several hundred machines' consoles going
to a rack (or more) full of DECservers and then two vs3100's running vms
keeping a couple hundred LAT connections each, and logging them all..

it was a very clean setup. the extra DHV11 is fine for me because i keep
a qbus vax running more or less 24/7 anyway, and i dont keep enough machines
runninf that 8 is not enough.. :)

happy hacking,
isildur