Subject: Re: [vintage] terminal server suggestions?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2001 12:13:56
Off topic, but for Historical reference and curiosity
about terminal servers, I am the proud owner of an original
Encore Annex, mother of all modern terminal servers, that
introduced the CLI prompt. (at the time, cisco was still a
familial company)
Encore developped the original concept, but Xylogics
bought it, then Bay Network, then Nortel. 15 years later,
the CLI syntax is almost the same in some modern equipments.

http://pricorde.free.fr/museum/annex.html

16 ports @ 33400, nice, usefull, and very rare... a collector ;-)

PS: the CPU is a NS32016 without MMU : no NetBSD port possible :-(

PPS: anyone knows a mailing-list where I could share my thoughts
about vintage terminal servers ?

PM