Subject: Re: SIGILL in perl(1)
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2001 20:24:58
On 10 Jun, Anders Magnusson wrote:

>> I thought that NetBSD emulates missing instructions?
> Well, not _all_ instructions that can be missing.
Ahh, ohh. :-(

> There are lots of insn't that could be added, feel free to do it :-)
Hmm, yes. But there are two problems: 1. lack of knowledge (can be fixed
easily) and 2. lack of time. That is the real problem and the reason why
my RXV21 driver project did not made any notable progress.

> test it with a new kernel from
> ftp://bakfull.campus.luth.se/netbsd/netbsd
Uhhh. I saw that sad day coming:
[jkunz@MrPomeroy test]$ uptime
 8:21PM  up 153 days, 19:51, 5 users, load averages: 1.11, 0.73, 0.37
Yes, I am a uptime fetishist. ;-)

> or check it out from the source tree.
Is it only in -current or in -release (1.5.1) also?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen