Subject: Re: TK50 compatible tape transports?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2001 11:14:00
> Tk50 tapes, the TZ30 is, IMHO, a bit more reliable than the generic TK50.
> It is also a SCSI version rather than the TK50 bus version. I use one in an
> expansion box when I really need to write a TK50 tape.

Great to know!  Maybe this will help solve some of my TK50 problems!

I am down to 1 working TK50 in the MVII crate, and I think the one
in the VAX 4000 should work, but I need to check that out.

IFF the TZ30 is usable, then I will stick that on the MV3100 or VS3100/76.

Does it take the same TK50 tape?  It looks like it is the same 95mb
compactape thing.

Thanks

Bob