Subject: Re: Q: fake Terminal with MMJ plug alone?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/2001 23:34:08
Lord Isildur writes:

>I have found that my vs3100/38 will halt if i disconnect the terminal
>once it is running, which is normal, but if i bring the machien up with
>no console connected in the first place, then it will run fine without
>one.

Yeah but that is kindof annoying of course because I want to see
it boot up properly on the terminal, and then stuff it away so that
it doesn't require space (the machine in question is on a shelf, amongst
others).  ATM it is connected to a friend's PC's serial port.
Which of course is annoying aswell, since if the PC reboots, on reboot
it'll reset the port and send a break signal aswell.  Luckily the
machine is stable enough that such a thing does not happen too often.

--mkb