Subject: Re: Q: fake Terminal with MMJ plug alone?
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/2001 12:31:36
Chris Tribo writes:

>    If memory serves, this is not a crash. When you power off a terminal it
>usually will sent a "break" "signal" to the computer it's attached to. That

IIRC, the terminal does not explicitly send a break on power-off
but it's rather either hazards on the line when the power goes away
or generally the drop of power that is, from the vax side,
indistinguishable from a break signal.  Is there a way to make a
VAXstation ignore a break signal on the serial console?  Like some
firmware setting?  I think I remember having seen this mentioned
somewhere but really don't know any details.  I would most certainly
be interested in a solution to this problem (especially for the
VS3100 series.)

--mkb