Subject: RE: 4000/200 requirements?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/06/2001 07:28:38
> NetBSD Bob wrote:
	>2.  The original boardset had a bus load card (a big board full of
	>    power dissipation bus loading resistors), a M90xx something.
	>    Is that really required with a 4000/200 cpu, or is that only
	>    supposed to be used when the boardset lightly loads the power
	>    busses?  Is it actually functioning as a bus terminator card
	>    rather than a true bus load card?

	It is just a load card. The BA200 series boxes have two PSUs,
	one for each half of the Qbus slots. These are (IIRC) switched mode
	PSUs and they don't run unless there is a minimum load
	present. Usually the processor plus memory is
	enough to run the RH PSU and a KDA50 is enough
	for the LH PSU.

	>3.  Where can I run across some of the plastic dual height support
	>    blanks that hold up the dual height cards?

	Usually I found them in BA200 boxes :-) When I did not have one
	to hand, I found that the cards stayed in place by themselves
	mostly. Maybe I was lucky.

	Antonio