Subject: 4000/200 requirements?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/06/2001 09:42:34
After some dinking around with things, I managed to get a 4000/200
crate up last night, slightly shoehorned into a BA215 cabinet (6 slot).
Alas, I had to rip the scsi card out of the MVII crate to get it
going, since dssi is not supported and I am woefully short on dssi
drives.  Anyway, I am not clear on a couple of things on the 4000/200.

1.  Is the on-board ethernet supported or do I need to use a deqna or
    such card instead.  The models info in the archives suggest that
    it should be supported, and that only the dssi is unsupported.

2.  The original boardset had a bus load card (a big board full of
    power dissipation bus loading resistors), a M90xx something.
    Is that really required with a 4000/200 cpu, or is that only
    supposed to be used when the boardset lightly loads the power
    busses?  Is it actually functioning as a bus terminator card
    rather than a true bus load card?

3.  Where can I run across some of the plastic dual height support
    blanks that hold up the dual height cards?

Thanks

Bob