Subject: Re: remote console via LAT?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 22:59:41
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> For Digital lovers like me,
>
> I learned some of DEC ROM monitors have remote console functionality
> inside.

  Can you provide which ROM monitors specifically?  I can try accessing
them if I have any of them.

> - Is it possible to "talk" the DEC ROM monitor remotely if I acquired
>   LAT capable terminal server?

  I very much doubt it.  As far as I know, LAT != Remote Console.  The DEC
terminal servers use the Remote Console protocol for managment.

> - I wonder the availablity of license-free LAT client (and protocol
>   stack itself) which runs on *BSD.

  I think there is some LAT stuff (latd) written for Linux (GPL of
course).  I don't think it contains any Remote Console support though.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant