Subject: Re: To Fix MOPD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2001 17:20:38
> I posted also a URL to the source code. Get it, untar it, do a
> cd mopd && make && make install
> and you will have a fresh compiled mopd by transfering only some kB of
> source code.
>
> > you) can't we find a spot easy to get to to put the fixed binaries so the
> > next guy doesn't get stuck downloading 14 megs?
> I think it is not practical collecting binarys. NetBSD supports that
> many architektures and has a very well structured source, that it is
> easy fixing such bugs from source by recompiling.

If anyone out there is bandwidth limited, I can give you a shell account
where you'll have lots of disk space and lots of bandwidth. Then you can
d/l large targzips, find what you need, and d/l that through your slow
line.

My primary colocated server is a 68060 Amiga 4000 with 110 gigs of storage
and 10 Mbps of bandwidth. However, you can have an account on the
VAXStation 4000/60 if you prefer, although the disk speed and bandwidth is
somewhat more modest (4 gig drive and 1.5 Mbps).

(Note that this service is free to those that need it, but I do sell shell
accounts, virtual domains, and other services; donations towards free
services are welcome, but not madatory. Also, anyone who wants hosting
and/or other services for VAX, NetBSD, free software, or other projects
that help people can get those services for free, too)

John Klos
--
The proof of a system's value is its existence.